View Road Reserve - Pump Track and Cycle Path
- Project typeConstruction
- Project value$480,000
- Project commencementProject to be completed in mid September 2021
- Contractor nameRidemore Pty Ltd
Recreational cycling for fitness and wellbeing will receive a boost in Burnie as Council prepare to design and construct a new bicycle pump track and mountain bike trails at the View Road Reserve.
Council appointed Ridemore Pty Ltd to design and build the tracks which offers an alternative to the initial concept design. The Ridemore design offers the following key benefits for users with a range of cycling skills and experience :
- Easy access to the pump track which is to be at the lower (carpark) level
- A separate children's zone within the pump track
- Reinvigorate the existing dirt piles used by the Burnie Challenge to create dirt jumps
- Three descent mountain bike trails on the hillside above the carpark that provide an exciting experience for mountain bike riders separate from the shared pathway around the Reserve.
Construction work is due to start in mid-January 2021, and will be of a moderate nature and should not adversely affect the amenity of the reserve and its surroundings. Council will write to the residents who live nearby the reserve to update them on the project and its features and will continue to update the community via this page as the project progresses.
Conceptual Illustration: The proposed pump track and dirt jumps in the foreground and the descent Mountain Bike Trails on the hillside to the east.
View Road Reserve, Burnie, Burnie 7320 View Map and directions