The Burnie Works Local Enabling Group is seeking 4 members.
Published on 27 November 2020
About Burnie Works
Burnie Works is a collective impact framework, working to create a better future for all community members. We are using local knowledge and community to work together with community, services, business and government to do make change the Burnie way.
The Burnie Works board; the Local Enabling Group exists to enable and support collective impact as a way of working in Burnie, through Burnie Works and the working groups. The Board also:
- Ensures community ownership and voice is embedded in Burnie Works.
- Supports and provides direction to the Backbone Team
- Advocates for systems and policy change
- Builds relationships with key stakeholders including Burnie City Council, Federal and State Governments.
- Mobilises and manages funding on behalf of Burnie Works
- Facilitates and enables local capacity building; and
- Establishes and maintain shared measurement practice
The Board is seeking 4 members.
All board positions are voluntary. The Local Enabling Group meets on the third Wednesday of the month. The time commitment each month is between 4-8 hours.
Skills in following areas would be of assistance:
- Community Voice
- Education and Training
- Community and Services
- Law and Governance
- Business and Industry
Expressions of Interest can be submitted until 5pm Friday 11 December 2020.
If you would like to apply in person or over the phone due to accessibility please contact Rodney Greene at 6430 5715
The information you provide will assist the Board in considering your application.
Your data will be kept in confidence by Burnie Works and your privacy is ensured under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
You may be contacted by Burnie Works to discuss your application.
Burnie Works will notify you of the outcome via phone or email.