COVID-19 Sport and Recreation Grants Tranche 2 now open
Published on 30 June 2020
The State Government 's program is open to Tasmanian sport and recreation clubs. Funding of up to $3 000 per organisation is available to assist ensure a safe return to play under the organisation’s COVID-19 Safety or Return to Play plan. Funding will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.
Applications will close on Monday, 31 August 2020 at 5.00 pm or when program funds are exhausted. Outcomes will be advised within six weeks of lodging an application.
To be eligible clubs must be affiliated to a State/National Sporting Organisation recognised by Sport Australia or affiliated to an organisation funded as a State Active Recreation Provider (SARP) under Communities, Sport and Recreation’s State Sport and Recreation Grants Program.
Eligible projects include the purchase of equipment or supplies necessary to ensure a safe return to play under the organisation’s COVID-19 safety or Return to Play plan.
Examples of such equipment can include, but is not limited to:
- hygiene supplies such as hand sanitiser, soap, and disinfectant;
- additional equipment to comply with safety measures such as thermometers and face masks;
- additional protective equipment for players to avoid the need to share equipment;
- additional equipment for training to meet hygiene requirements e.g. balls, training bibs, cones;
- additional game day equipment to meet hygiene requirements; and
- printing of additional signage regarding COVID-19 safety.
Under this program organisations are eligible to apply for reimbursement of eligible items purchased on or after 8 May 2020.
The program guidelines and application form can be found here.
For further information please contact Communities, Sport and Recreation on 1800 252 476