Burnie Regional Art Gallery – Cancellation of Events and Programs
Published on 17 March 2020
The Burnie Regional Art Gallery (BRAG) is committed to ensuring care for visitors and staff during the coronavirus (COVID -19) pandemic.
We ask visitors to consider the advice of the Departments of Health Tasmania and refrain from visiting the gallery if you are unwell.
At this stage BRAG will stay open for visitors and will maintain the exhibition program however all public programs will be either cancelled or postponed to reduce the possibility of spreading the virus.
Events that have been cancelled or postponed from today include:
- Exhibition openings and support programs
- Musical and performance events
- Early years, school holiday programs including outreach programs on the west coast
- Family Free Fridays, 1000 Hearts workshops, Wednesday Art Group, Europa Poets Meetings
- All floor talks, forums and meetings by community groups such as the Gallery Friends and the Burnie Arts Council
- All other workshops and public events
Council will continue to review events and programming and will base any decisions on information from the Chief Health Officer, or Director of Public Health.
Further updates will be provided here on council’s website www.burnie.net