Burnie Arts & Function Centre - A Message to Our Community: COVID-19
Published on 17 March 2020
The health and wellbeing of our staff and members of our community is of paramount importance. The Burnie Arts & Function Centre (BAFC) is committed to ensuring care for visitors and staff during the outbreak of the coronavirus (COVID -19).
We understand that there is much uncertainty about whether to cancel or proceed with performances; and we hope that the action we take now will make our recovery from the pandemic as short as possible.
With a view of social distancing and protecting our more vulnerable ticket holders, the following events and functions will be either cancelled or postponed to help prevent the spread of the virus:
- 20 March – 4 April - Beautiful: the Carole King Musical (Burnie Musical Society) – postponed
- Sat 18 April - DIVA: Always Sublime, Sometimes Ridiculous (Emily Burke) – postponed
- Fri 24 April – Virtuosi Tasmania - postponed
- Thu 30 April – International Jazz Day – cancelled
- Fri 1 May – Office Professionals Day Breakfast – cancelled
- Thu 21 May – The Australian Bee Gees Show – cancelled
- Fri 12 June – You & I: Starring Rachael Beck and Michael Cormick – postponed
- Fri 19 June – Design Eye Creative paper on skin - cancelled
We are constantly monitoring advice from the relevant authorities and will advise the public if anything changes. Please check our social media platforms (BurnieArts on Facebook and Instagram) and website www.burniearts.net regularly for more information as well as council’s website.
Ticket holders are able to get a refund on the ticket price – please contact the Box Office on 6430 5850 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm). Box Office staff will have a large number of refunds to process and we appreciate your patience and support as we work through these.