Expression of Interest - Purchase & Development of King Street Carpark
Published on 23 November 2019
Burnie City Council is seeking Expressions of Interest for the purchase and development of land known as the King Street Carpark comprising Certificates of Title 29074/1 and 93748/1.
The opportunity is for commercial and/or residential development above the King Street Car Park.
Any purchaser will be required to enter into a 50 + 50 year lease with Council at a peppercorn rental, with Council to continue to operate and receive all revenues from car parking activities on the site.
Expressions of interest must include the following information:
1. The purchase price
2. A description of proposed development on the site (including concept drawings and approximate value)
3. Proposed timeframes for the development
4. How the development will provide alignment with the Burnie Town Centre Masterplan and Burnie Investment and Settlement Strategy
5. Evidence that the purchaser has the capacity and capability to complete the development within the timeframes
6. Commitment to entering into a 50 + 50 year lease with Council for the land at a peppercorn rental.
Expressions of Interest must be lodged with Council by 5:00pm on Friday, 13 December 2019.
Dated: 23 November 2019