Councillor David Pease was elected in 2018. David lives in Burnie and is General Manager of his 94-year-old family business A.H. Pease Shoe Stores.
David has a strong belief that Council should focus on local matters, and that Council’s goal must be to improve the standard of living for ratepayers.
He serves on the Upper Burnie Sports Centre Special Committee and the Public Art Projects Special Advisory Committee.
He is also heavily involved in a number of community organisations including:
- Braddon Business Centre - Chairman since 2015
- Burnie Chamber of Commerce
- City Link - Chairman 2014 to 2018
- Tasmanian Footwear Retailers Organisation (President on five occasions)
- Somerset Soccer Club - President: 1998, 2010, 2016 to 2019