The Burnie Challenge just got tougher

Burnie’s extreme sporting event is on again!

Entries are now open at www.burniechallenge.com.au for the 2015 Burnie Challenge to be held on Sunday 29 March 2015 starting from the Hellyer College oval at 10am.

The annual muddy obstacle event continues to grow in popularity.

Mayor Anita Dow said, “In 2011 we had 690 people lined up to tackle the first muddy course. Entry numbers have continued to grow each year with 1,490 participating last year.

“Whether you enter as an individual or as part of a team, teamwork is the key to successfully complete each obstacle and the overall course.”

The approximate four kilometre course will have 15 muddy and muscle aching obstacles. The Burnie Challenge is a family friendly event with both young and old encouraged to have a go. It is only $10 for an individual or $30 for a team of four to participate.

“For the first time, this year we are also holding a secondary event, for those wanting more of a challenge and to participate more competitively,” she said.

The Defence Force Recruiting Legacy Battle Run ($20 entry fee) is an 8km challenge that will start at 1pm on the same day, ultilising the extra muddy course from the Burnie Challenge.

“This extended extreme event is aimed at those who are physically fit and will be capped at 500 participants, with half of the entry fee donated to Legacy,” she said.

Entries for both events are now open at www.burniechallenge.com.au

“I encourage people to pre-register, as we have to cap numbers on both events. So it is best to grab some friends, your family or work colleagues and register now, so that you don’t risk missing out,” Mayor Dow said.

Online entries close at 12 noon on Friday 27 March for both events. On the day entries will be accepted if numbers allow.

For further information please contact

Libby Dobson
Communications Officer
Burnie City Council
(03) 6430 5716 or 0448 568 728

Email: ldobson@burnie.net