Our goal is to manage the unique natural resources and Council infrastructure, ensuring a healthy and sustainable environment where the community’s social, physical and economic well-being is enhanced for present and future generations.
- Develop and implement integrated programs of environmental management.
- Promote sustainable management of natural resources for the conservation of the environment and the enjoyment of present and future generations.
- Ensure development complements the natural environment, landscapes, cultural identify and economic growth.
- Ensure access to a clean water supply.
- Maintain and enhance sustainable open space and recreation facilities to meet community needs for active and passive recreation.
- Develop a co-ordinated and well planned transport network for vehicles and pedestrians.
- Achieve “best value” in managing Council’s infrastructure.