Street Stalls, Provision of Information, Promotion, Goods and Services

A person seeking to occupy or obstruct a Council Street/Road/Footpath Reservation must first complete an Application for Conduct of an Activity or Work within a Council Street, and obtain a Permit from the Council.

The Highways By Law requires a permit to conduct -

  • Street stalls with a charitable or community purpose;
  • Stalls for the provision of advice, information or a service without charge to the general community in relation to charitable, community, educational, health, political or religious purposes;
  • Street surveys and awareness campaigns;
  • Access to a vending machine or a servery on land or premises having frontage to a Council street;
  • Hawking of goods and services; or
  • Retail trade or business activity only in conjunction with an approved event or promotion

 Click for More Information on the Highways By Law