Depositing of Materials in a Council Street

A person seeking to occupy or obstruct a Council Street/Road/Footpath Reservation must first complete an Application for Conduct of an Activity or Work within a Council Street, and obtain a Permit from the Council.

The Highways By law requires a permit for the -

  • Temporary Deposit of Materials eg for Landscaping or Construction.

It also applies to the -

  • Tracking of Material from land or premises adjoining the street, or
  • Spillage of liquid or solid Materials from a vehicle travelling on a local street.

Click for More Information on the Highways By Law