Burnie City Council is seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated person to join our Land and Environmental Services Department.
The Permit Information Officer is a career development position offering opportunity for a person with established administrative and clerical skills to assume a key responsibility in assisting the Council’s building compliance and statutory information functions.
The position will require the incumbent to acquire a sound working knowledge of all relevant Council activities and processes, and a detailed knowledge of building compliance and statutory information matters.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Certificate level qualification in business support and administration or equivalent.
- Ability to exercise initiative and maintain confidentiality.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Time management skills and the ability to develop, maintain and monitor own work program to meet deadlines.
- High level computer skills and experience using electronic document management system/s.
- Demonstrated experience as a team player, supporting colleagues and sharing knowledge and information on routine procedures and tasks within a complex work environment.
Burnie City Council offers excellent working conditions in a team environment and full training will be provided to the successful candidate.
To apply: Applicants must address the selection criteria contained in the position description.
Closing date: 08 March 2013
Enquiries: Ben Fielding on 03 6430 5782 or email@example.com