Burnie City Council's goals are to further develop a cohesive, caring and stimulating community, enhancing quality of life and providing access to a range of responsive services, facilities and programs.
- Value, encourage and recognise the needs, ideas and contributions of young people for the benefit of the community;
- Value and support families to improve community development outcomes by investing in the early years to ensure enhanced outcomes for the community;
- Support a diverse range of cultural experiences that foster a creative community;
- Build community capacity and foster community leadership;
- Support vibrant community programs and events that actively promote a healthy and positive lifestyle; and
- Manage Council facilities and services to better meet community needs.